Sunday, September 18, 2011

I kissed the Blarney Stone today, what did you do?

That's right ladies and gentleman, I went to Blarney Castle today and kissed the Blarney Stone! My friends and I used the same tour bus company, Barret Tours, that we used for the Cliffs of Moher tour to go here. My lord I cannot believe how beautiful this country is. I cannot get enough, every where  I go I find myself just stopping and staring at how amazing everything is.

Colleen and I have gotten very close to two girls, Ana from New York and Hannah from St. Louis, and so we went with them and a few other girls we have made friends with. I was blown away by how old everything was but yet it was still there and in good enough condition to walk around in. Just walking through the rooms thinking what life would have been like back then was so fascinating. Here are some of the pictures I took today..



 The Castle.





This is from inside the lookout tower that stands next to the castle. 

Colleen and I in front of the castle. 





 I could not believe my eyes when I saw this date

Beautiful Gardens


The view from the top of the Castle.

This is the video of me kissing the stone, it was a lot harder than I expected!! Mam mom, I don't know how you made it up that castle!!! You go girl.


All of us after we kissed the stone!

Ana, Hannah, Colleen and I found this small pub in the city called O'Connell's that we have been going to because we made friends with all of the people that work there. If we go on a Thursday or Friday we are pretty much the only people there so we do whatever we want and we have such a great time! They treat us so well because we are American and we make their boring night at work that much more fun! They gave us meal stamp cards and instead of stamping them for ordering food, they stamp ours with each Guiness we buy. And I can't forget the best part about this place, they apparently  sell the cheapest pint of Guiness in all of Ireland. It's only 3.30! I'm loving this city and I'm very thankful to have such great people to be sharing this with! These girls are so sweet I wish you could all meet them!! This is us at O'Connell's..






In case I haven't made it clear enough, I love it here and I love the people I'm surrounded by. Oh also, my one flat mate bought a microwave!!!!!! Life is great. Miss everyone and love you all! Cheers!


(My next post will probably be from a 21 year old Amanda!)

1 comment:

  1. Umm...How do I put this eloquently...Do you know what the locals "do" to the Blarney Stone?

    ReplyDelete